This all-time cool-weather favorite is better than ever when you make it with Nueske Applewood Smoked Bacon.
1. In an 8-quart soup pot over medium heat, cook bacon pieces until slightly crispy, stirring occasionally
2. Spoon off all but 4 Tbsp bacon grease
3. In same pan, cook celery and onions about 3 minutes, stirring constantly
4. Pour beans into pan, add water, bouillon, bay leaf, pepper, cloves and tomatoes
5. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low, simmer 30 minutes
6. Serve hot
7. Discard bay leaf before serving