Wisconsin's official soup with a twist. Adapted by Amanda from a Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board recipe.
1. Coat a large pot with cooking spray and place over medium high heat until the pot is hot.
2. Add carrots, celery, and green onions and cook for 8 minutes stirring occasionally.
3. Add potatoes and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
4. Once the soup is boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
5. Place flour in a bowl. Gradually add milk while whisking with a wire whisk. Add to pot.
6. Stir in salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
7. Cook 2 minutes or until thickened.
8. Add the beer, cook 1 more minute.
9. Remove from heat, add cheeses, stirring until the cheeses are melted.