Delicious recipe for the classic grilled bratwursts, simmered with beer and onions and served on hard rolls with mustard. YUM!
1. Grill brats slowly over low to
medium-hot coals, turning them often with tongs, until firm to the touch and browned all over, - about 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, bring the beer, butter and sliced onions to a slow simmer in a pot.
3. Add the grilled brats (you can add a little water if necessary to cover the sausages) and turn heat down to lowest setting.
4. Keep the brats in the mixture until ready to serve. (Many aficionados reverse this process - they simmer first, grill briefly and serve immediately.)
5. To serve, use two brats per hard roll and add some of each topping.