Wisconsinmade.com, founded in 1999, is an on-line e-commerce specialty food and gift website in the town of Middleton, Wi (Madison area) that markets and sells Wisconsin made products. All products are made with pride and passion by Wisconsin artisans. Customer service and satisfaction is our guarantee.
We are actively seeking an experienced Customer Service Representative to join our 8 person team temporarily during this holiday season (Oct – Dec). This key position serves as the first point of contact for the company, and the ability to handle our customers’ needs in a courteous and professional manner is essential. The ideal candidate is proactive, a fast learner with strong organizational skills and with good attention to detail.
If you live locally in the Madison area, meet the job requirements and are able to work the required schedule, we would love to hear from you! Please email your resume, along with a cover letter explaining why you think you would be ideal for this job. Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your interest! No phone calls please.
Job Title: Seasonal, Temporary, Full-Time Customer Service Representative
- Minimum 2 year customer service experience required.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications - Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and Windows operating system
- Experience using online shopping websites
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong phone etiquette
- Experience with efficiently organizing and working with emails
- Strong writing, grammar and proofreading skills
- Experience with computer network environments
- High school diploma is required
- Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Access familiarity is preferred
- Proficiency in basic math in order to compute refunds and partial discounts
- Familiarity with shipping providers (UPS, FedEx, USPS) a plus
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Serve as the first point of contact for incoming calls
- Ability to effectively communicate and manage conflict resolution in a professional manner
- Respond quickly and accurately to customer questions via phone and email
- Place on-line phone orders
- Monitor orders for timely shipping
- Process refunds and adjustments to charges
- Assist in the management of special programs
- Recommend process improvements
- Ability to work with in-house and website content management tools
- Maintain familiarity with products on the website
- Help customers navigate the online store and assist them with their gift-giving needs
Hours: Holiday only, October - December, Monday – Friday 8:30 – 4:30 PM
Total Weekly Hours: 30-40 hours per week
Compensation: $10.00 - $13.00 an hour