This beer gingerbread recipe will help you create a moist, delicious, and sweet gingerbread cake. Adapted by Amanda from the cookbook Drink Your Beer and Eat It Too.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 1 cup beer
- 1 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring beer to a boil.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour hot beer over the margarine or butter.
- Add sugar, molasses, and eggs.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and spices.
- Add the dry ingredients (flour mixture) to the wet ingredients (beer mixture) and stir in small batches until smooth
- Pour batter into a greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 35 minutes until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.