Bratwurst, cheese and bread all cooked together in a delicious new way. Can be made ahead of time; great to serve at a party!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time :60 Minutes
Total Time: 24 Hours
- 10 slices white bread, cubed, crust off
- 1 lb cooked bratwurst, drained
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup light cream (half and half)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh or canned mushrooms
- Grease a 9 X 13-inch casserole.
- Arrange in layers: bread, bratwurst, cheese, and mushrooms.
- Combine rest of ingredients and pour over top.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour, covered. Serve.