Chopped Salad With Bacon
Jan 1st 2018
Deliciously satisfying tossed green salad full of flavor and crunch.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 10 slices Nueske's smoked bacon, diced into 1/2-inch squares
- 8-10 leaves Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 Tbsp onion, finely diced
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped
- 3 Tbsp dried craisins
- 1/2 cup Asian or Bosc pear, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 3 Tbsp blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup dried French fried onions for garnish
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Fry bacon in skillet until medium crisp. Remove and cool slightly.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Mix together all remaining ingredients except the French fried onions.
- Right before serving, mix the dressing into the salad.
- Top with the French fried onions.
This Recipes Uses
Buttermilk Blue Cheese
Nueske Medium-Thick Sliced Applewood Smoked Bacon