Orange Ricotta Pancakes
Jan 1st 2018
Ricotta cheese makes pancakes super fluffly and ready for Wisconsin maple syrup!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 cups batter- from scratch if you are feeling ambitious or your favorite pancake mix
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- Zest of 1 orange
- Cooking spray for griddle
- Your favorite syrup
- Optional: Butter
- Spray griddle with cooking spray and heat griddle to medium high heat. The griddle is hot enough when drops of water sizzle and disappear.
- Make your pancake batter according to package directions, and take care not to mix it too much.
- Gently fold in ricotta cheese and orange zest, again, be careful not to over mix, there should be some lumps
- Put about 1/3 a cup of mix onto hot griddle for each pancake. They are ready to flip when bubbles appear on the top.
- Top with Wisconsin maple syrup and butter and enjoy!